Thursday, April 19, 2012

Spring Break 2012

This year marked our family's first-ever spring break. Since we knew the dates of the break well in advance, Matt was able to take his vacation for that week. Here's a break-down of how the week went:

Monday-went up to Arthur to eat lunch at Yoder's...yummy!

Tuesday-headed to St. Louis. We spent the afternoon shopping at The Mills. While I was paying for my awesome deals (FYI...you can use multiple "fast cash" coupons in seperate transactions) at Old Navy, my stupid purse decided to bust. One of the sides busted, thus taking out the zipper. Great. We were heading to the zoo the next day. I needed something, and didn't want to lug my 31 tote...the tote is pretty awesome, but much bigger than what was needed. So after dinner at Golden Corral in Collinsville, we headed to Wal-Mart. The purse selection pretty much sucked, so I ended up buying a $4 backpack in camoflauge. Score ;o)

Wednesday-We went to the zoo! We decided that this time, we would take the metro from Casino Queen to the zoo. Logan loved it! It was a nice ride, and we got to the station "near" the zoo. From there, we decided that instead of riding a bus, we would walk to the zoo. It turned out to be quite the walk for us, since we didn't know (or didn't pay attention) to a short cut. But, we saw some pretty neat sites that we wouldn't have seen otherwise. Finally, we made it to the zoo. It was a great day to visit because the weather was a bit cooler. It wasn't busy, we weren't trampled to death by herds of rude school children, and we got to see a lot of animals. We even saw Logan's principal and our friend Christa from Charleston! The guys were pretty excited that I went into the "snake house" with them. We finished up at the zoo and then started to walk back to the station, this time on a shorter route. The walking was a bit much for Logan going back, but he had been a trooper the entire day, so we let it slide ;o)


Checkin the maps

Ready to visit Pete's relatives




Thursday-back in Mattoon. Matt and I decided to have a date night to see American Reunion. So, Logan went for an overnight visit to Poppa Ron and Nana's house. American Reunion was funny, but it made me feel old!

Friday-Matt & I went to Home Depot to purchase paint for the kitchen, along with some gardening things. Then we headed down to Pana to pick up Logan. We had supper at Pizza Man (yum!), then headed back to Mattoon. Considering that this was Friday the 13th, something crappy was bound to happen, right? Sure enough, while driving back to Mattoon, my dad called with the news that my Grandma Greiwe had died that morning. Yes. I was finding out much later because my mom, had found out much later. Surprising? No. Not really.

Saturday-We tackled the kitchen! It was a rainy day, so what else were we going to do, right?  I will say, it looks awesome! Sadly, I am having trouble finding some retro decor, so I think I will just have to order some things. That afternoon Logan and I headed to our friend Addie's 2nd birthday party. It was a rainbow party, and it worked out well that we saw a rainbow that evening! That night, Logan and Daddy decided to have a sleepover in the living room, which meant Mommy had the whole upstairs to herself!


Kitchen with the 2 colors




Sunday-Sunday morning Matt and Logan planted the garden. I finished up in the kitchen. When we left to eat lunch, we saw not one but two snakes in the yard. I seriously think this was a sign from the recently deceased grandparent, who LIKED snakes. I always knew she was weird...Matt took them both out with the handle of a shovel. Why not the actual shovel? Well, he tried...but it flew off. So now I'm on high-alert. That night, our family went to our friend Patrick's 3rd birthday party! It was at EIU's bowling alley and we all had a blast!

Aside from the expected/unexpeted death and all the "drama" it brought, it was a pretty good Spring Break. I had an awesome time with my little family. It was so nice for us to just all be together hanging out.
The blue :o)

1 comment:

  1. What a fun spring break! (Minus the death and painting.) I like the color combo in your kitchen. R loves the maps at zoos. We have to grab multiple paper copies just for her.

    ReplyDelete