What to put in your child's Easter basket has been a pretty popular topic around the Facebook world. It's hard to find a balance between not filling the basket with candy and useless junk, while not turning it into Christmas. Tricky business, these Easter baskets.
My plan, when Logan was a baby, was that Easter baskets would be filled with outdoor summer toys, like bubbles, sidewalk chalk, squirt guns, balls and maybe bigger gifts outside the basket like a T-ball stand, soccer net...you get the idea. His first Easter he was 6 months old, so none of that stuff applied. However, a few months after that I learned we lived in a snake pit and my good ideas went out the window as fast as I run when I see a snake. Sure, he still gets (or has gotten) those things, but we've kept it more "indoor" since.
There are some things that have been traditional in Logan's Easter basket. He usually gets sunglasses, a book, and a chocolate rabbit. I do not buy candy, with the exception of the rabbit, because I know that's likely what he will get from family. I have filled plastic eggs with fruit snacks, silly bands, and this year, tiny dinosaurs.
I am pretty proud of myself this year on the basket front. I *think* I spent around $20 (this could go up, depending on which book I give him). He's getting sunglasses, an Imaginext super hero toy for the Batcave, a book (title yet to be determined), a jump rope, yoyo, a knock-off spiralgraph thingy, and some outdoor paddle game. We are using a basket we have used before, and already had Easter grass and a ton of plastic eggs. Even the Easter outfit was relatively cheap this year. Score!
No comments:
Post a Comment