Logan turned 7 last Friday! He had a half day of school on Friday (and no school on Monday) and we thought and thought what he and I could do on his special day. We had a few ideas but nothing was really jumping out at us.
Then in the wee morning hours Friday morning, Logan woke up coughing. He had had a runny nose for the past couple of days but on Thursday afternoon it seemed to have gotten worse. He was still acting fine, eating fine, and was fever free, so I wasn't worried. It's not unusual that when Logan has a cold he has a bad time with phlegm, so when he woke up coughing, he hacked up a bunch of nasty stuff. This always freaks him out. So....after being awake with a whole lot of tears for a couple of hours, I decided the half day of school, and our day of fun, was out of the question.
He was up bright and early on his birthday morning after little sleep the night before. We spent the day watching movies, reading, and playing with his new Beywarrior set. He started running a low-grade fever around dinner time, so we ordered his requested Mexican food :o)
My plans for Saturday were pretty much ruined. I will not go into that now. And if you are dying to know, send me a message. So let's fast-forward to Sunday, which was the day of the birthday party. Logan had a lot of fun with his friends and got a lot of great presents....mostly new Lego sets! Logan loves Lego sets (not putting them together, but playing with them when they are completed) and Lego people. We had a lot of fun! He wanted a Wreck-It Ralph party. Due to no real Ralph party supplies, we had to make a lot of stuff, and used a lot of candy to keep with the Sugar Rush theme, which worked out great with Halloween being so close. My original plan was to make a cake and cupcakes on Saturday morning, but with Saturday turning into a three ring circus, we went to Hell....I mean Wal-Mart, bought a cake and cupcakes, and threw on the Wreck-It Ralph action figures we already had. To be perfectly honest, I was not in a "party place" at all this year. I kept it simple and was done.
Logan did not have school on Monday. We had planned a trip to an apple orchard but those plans were ditched. We stayed around home and played with new birthday toys.
Logan had a good birthday. He is going to take treats to his class later this week, to make up for being absent on his birthday.
No comments:
Post a Comment