Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Sixth Birthday Celebration

On Saturday we celebrated Logan's 6th birthday with a Scooby Doo party!

I'm still surprised that it all came down to Scooby Doo and the gang. For the past 9 months or so I was certain Logan would want a Batman birthday party. I was so certain that I pinned numerous Batman/super hero ideas on Pinterest. Of course, he decided that was NOT what he wanted.

First, he suggested Ghostbusters. Cool idea, but I worried about what I could be able to find. Then, he said Harry Potter. As much as I loved this idea, I felt like this was not the right time for it. Finally, he said Scooby Doo. Yeah....I thought. This sounds doable.

So, to Pinterest I went. I found some great ideas. It's a good thing, too, because I found that party decor was lacking in this area. Somewhere in this, I decided I was tired of paying for party decorations, like banners, backgrounds, napkins...stuff like that. Plus, a lot of his parties have followed things he is into, and I've been able to use some of his toys to decorate (this is where the Batman party would have come in). But...we have no Scooby Doo toys except for one tiny Mystery Machine.  I decided to just go with colors associated with Scooby Doo: orange, blue, and green.  A trip to Dollar Tree (for something unrelated) resulted in me buying several Halloween decorations that could also be used for the party! I was thrilled. Not only would they work for the party, but I could 1)  not worry about putting stuff away in a timely manner and 2) be able to use them again! So....score for an October Scooby Doo birthday!
                                                             One of the Pinterest ideas.
                                                                              Table
                                                                 Cool decorations!


I got pretty frustrated when I could not find a cake idea that I liked. And the ideas that I did like would result in 1) a lot of money and 2) travel time to get said cake. With Friday being a half day of school, and Saturday a noon soccer game (which ended up cancelled due to rain the night before), travel was out. I decided I would just bake a cake and order a cake topper. I ended up baking a cake and 40-plus cupcakes. I really prefer making cupcakes :o) The haunted house cupcake stand I found worked out perfectly with the theme.



The week of the party I had to give in to the fact that the party was going to have to be held indoors, as opposed to our usual backyard party. Fortunately I had a few days to get the house in order, and discovered that it's somewhat less stressful to have a party indoors.

The day of the party Logan and I spent the morning decorating and getting ready. He was soooo excited. He couldn't wait for people to arrive. He had a blast playing with his friends. He covered his ears when we sang (I guess we are pretty bad) and managed to spit-bomb the cake when he blew out the candles. Matt, who took over a lot of party detail once it got going, managed to segregate the spit-cake from the rest. He also got many nice presents and cards!



It was a great day. I cannot believe my little guy is going to be 6!

No comments:

Post a Comment