Today I had a date with Logan at the movies. We went to see "Brave." Today's adventure just seemed to be extra special. Maybe it's because school starts SOON, and I know these Mommy/Logan times are not going to be as frequent. I'm not going to lie, those moments when he crawled up on my lap, or snuggled extra close made me tear up a bit.
We got to the theater with enough time to buy our snacks. Tuesday's are a good day to go: the show is cheaper, and now with every purchase at the concession stand, you get a free popcorn...so, if you bought a bag of M&M's and a soda, you could get two small popcorns! Anywho...we got our food and headed off to find our seats.
Let me say, it was a good day for previews. Logan was absolutely glued to "The Hobbit." He laughed at "Hotel Transylvania." When he heard Marlin and Dory talking for the preview of "Finding Nemo 3d," he turned to me and said, "What the heck?!?!" He couldn't wipe the smile off his face during that one. He LOVES Nemo so much that I may have to break my no 3d movies streek..
We both really liked "Brave." It's a good story, good soundtrack (may have to purchase), and just the right amount of adult humor to make it entertaining for the parents. The bear scenes were a bit intense, and Logan covered his ears a lot during these times. He also danced a lot to the soundtrack, which was pretty entertaining itself.
When we got to the parking lot, we noticed that some of the cars had water on them, some did not. I thought that was kind of odd, since the parking lot itself appeared pretty dry. However, it was stormy looking to the south, so I thought maybe, just maybe, rain was on the way. We went to Aldis (or Yadis, according to Logan) to get some groceries (and a bean bag chair!) and, of course, since we cracked the van's windows, it POURED. When we got home...NO RAIN AT ALL! Oh well, it was good while it lasted.
No comments:
Post a Comment