Friday, February 24, 2012

I Go Back...

There's a wonderful Kenny Chesney song (ah, but isn't KC wonderful...) called "I Go Back." The song is about how certain songs, scents, and places trigger memories. I was hit with that twice today.

First, I was on Facebook this morning and my friend posted that she had ordered Mr. Sketch markers for her students. Whoa. I was suddenly back in second grade, sitting at my desk with a tray made of foam housing these big, fat, and delightfully smelly markers! Anyone else remember these? It's funny, because a few weeks ago I thought about these particular markers. Logan has discovered that he REALLY likes using markers, and since writing is difficult for him, I'm letting him use whatever gets him interested. The downside: I don't think the Mr. Sketch markers are washable. Anywho...anyone else taking a trip down memory lane now? You can buy them here: http://www.amazon.com/Sanford-Sketch-Assorted-Markers-20072/dp/B00006IFH0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1330122923&sr=8-1

I picked up Logan from preschool shortly after this. While waiting for a friend, I went through his backpack (I love seeing what he brings home each day) and found an "All About Logan" book, complete with a construction paper cover. There's no specific memory, but the smell of that paper made me think of many an art project.

No comments:

Post a Comment