I will admit, the past few days around here have been pretty lazy days. They haven't been easy days: there's been yucky sinus stuff, sore hips and knees, and a child who was just overly demanding. And the house shows it. There's been cooking and dishes and at least one load of laundry, but that's about it. The house isn't in the neatest condition: there are Hot Wheels and trains littering my dining room. There's Star Wars guys and ships in the living room and crayons on the coffee table. The playroom looks like, well, as a playroom should: trashed. The floors need swept and mopped. Earlier, Logan informed he that he had found a dust bunny. And our back bedroom looks like it popped out of on episode of Hoarders because that is where we are stashing a lot of stuff that we are getting rid of.
Why am I sitting on my couch, typing this, drinking coffe, and watching Ghostbusters with my little guy? Because I darn well can, that's why! Because some days I just want to sit and chill with Logan and sometimes it's okay to do just that. The house details can wait until tomorrow. It'll all still be here...unless, of course, some cleaning fairies come in during the night and take care of it, which would be AWESOME! But I know that's not going to happen.
So tomorrow we will tackle the mess and make the house look somewhat presentable. But for now, we're watching the Marshmellow Man get toasted and then heading out to the library!
Our house is definitely "well lived". We need to do some serious organizing and purging. Half of these toys don't even get played with anymore!
ReplyDeleteI admire that enthusiam!
Delete