Friday was Halloween. I love Halloween! I love the costumes, the decorations, the scary and not-so-scary movies and TV specials...I'm a sucker for those ghost hunter shows and haunted history/location shows. It was always such a fun time when I was a kid and now I get to enjoy it and start new traditions with my own kid. It's great!
Last week we carved our pumpkin. We didn't set it outside until Halloween night because of the stupid squirrels that like to eat our pumpkins.
Friday afternoon Logan had his party at school. I am so glad I have awesome room moms to work with. The kids played games, did a craft, and had a ton of snacks. The only downside was that Logan claimed to have a headache during the party and was a grouch. I blame the much colder temps and howling wind....and maybe a building of crazy kids ;) He was fine to go trick or treating that night.
Matt took Logan trick or treating this year while I stayed home to pass out candy. It was a lot of fun but it felt more like Christmas outside than Halloween. It was freezing! Logan wore three pairs of pants and three shirts (he thought three pairs of pants was hilarious). He came back with his bucket full. Trick or treat times were from 6-8 p.m. and we came inside around 7:45. We still had a bowl FULL of candy to hand out, but the kids stopped coming around 7:30. I think the cold kept most people away. We are used to running out of candy within an hour. The best costume was an older BOY dressed as DOROTHY. He just looked at us and said "I lost a bet." I told him he looked awesome and gave him extra candy. Matt was a big hit in his ninja turtle coat. The kids loved it! One little boy, probably about one or two, just pointed and smiled and tried to say "turtle power" to him. It was so cute!
After we came in we all tried to thaw out. I didn't realize how cold I was until I came inside. We watched the 2 hour Ghost Adventures special that took place in Ireland. It was a good way to end a spooky day.
I can't believe it's November already. We have seen Christmas commercials on television all weekend. Winter drinks (my favorite!) are back at Starbucks and McDonald's. Decorations are out in stores. Buckle up! Thanksgiving and Christmas will be here FAST.
No comments:
Post a Comment